The best of Komodo in 4 days & 3 nights
Day 1 Labuan Bajo, Arrival & Boarding, 2 dives
After a one-hour flight from Denpasar (Bali) you will arrive in the small port town of Labuan Bajo, Flores. Our Aurora staff will pick you up at the airport for immediate boarding and departure to our first dive site. Only a few miles from Labuan Bajo’s harbour lies the small island of Sebayur with a nice dive including marbled hatchetfish, lionfish, eels and possibly the resident ghost pipefish. The perfect “warm-up dive”. On the neighbouring reef, nudibranchs, pipefish, sea fans, sponges and scorpion fish. During the night dive you might see carpet sharks, nudis and crustaceans.
Day 2 Komodo Channel, 4 dives
Tatawa Besar, one of the most colourful drift dives in all of Komodo. Look at the horizon while flying along endless coral gardens with sandy slopes. The Tatawa coastline alternates rocky landscapes and mangroves. Eagle rays and turtles are typical guests along this rich coral slope. The coastline is long enough so that the drift can last up to 40 minutes and cover almost 2 kilometres!
Batu Bolong: plenty of sharks and excellent visibility. This dive is also called “Current City”, and can only be dived when the conditions are fine.
Tatawa Kecil: a spectacular drop-off. Impressive coral reef, turtles, tuna, giant trevallies, sweet lips, groupers and countless fish you will take home as a great memory of your adventure.
Takat Makassar, if currents allow: look out for manta rays at the cleaning station. You can go relatively close to observe them.
Takat Makassar West (Komodo Channel) alternatively is a great night dive.
Day 3 Gili Lawah Laut, 4 dives
Gili Lawa Laut ,“Island Facing the Sea”, is home to two of the best pinnacles in all of Indonesia, "Crystal Rock" and "Castle Rock". Huge schools of jacks, giant trevally, white tip and grey reef sharks, barracudas, dolphins and a whole host of smaller reef fish that float amongst the fields of staghorn coral. A challenging site, but certainly worth a couple of dives!
Day 4 North Rinca, 1 dive or Dragon trek
You will stop near the "Second Ranger Station Loh Buaya", next to "Wainilu Island", there you will have 2 options:
Option 1: Loh Buaya Trekking, 1 hour walk on Rinca Island to see the infamous Komodo dragons.
Option 2: 1 dive at Wainilu, the paradise of macro. Many different and rare kinds of nudibranchs, ghost pipefish and other surprises, be prepared..
After a nice croissing to Labuan Bajo and your last lunch on board, our Aurora crew will organize, according to your hotel location or evening flight schedule, your transfer.
Unfortunately our trip arrived at an end and we have to say goodbye but we hope to see you again on board.
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,010||Aurora||18 / 18||Book now!|
Trip code: 443
- Raja Ampat Cruise (Sorong-Sorong) 420 USD
- North Maluku Cruise (Ambon-Sorong) 420 USD
- Banda Sea Cruise (Maumere – Ambon) 420 USD
- Forgotten Islands ( Ambon - Saumlaki) 420 USD
- Alor Cruise (Maumere – Alor – Maumere) 360 USD
- Komodo Cruise (Labuan Bajo/Bali/Bima) 360 USD
- 120 – 91 days prior to cruise departure 30% of the cruise price
- 90 – 60 days prior to cruise departure 50% of the cruise price
- 59 – 0 days prior to cruise departure 100% of the cruise price
- From 180 to 91 days prior departure: 25%
- From 90 to 60 days prior departure: 50%
- Less than 60 days prior departure: 100%
- Snorkel Kit 10 USD / day
- BCD/Regulator/Wetsuit 10 USD / day
- 15L Tanks 10 USD / day
- Diving Computer / Torch 12 USD / day
- Full Gear**, excluding diving computer and torch 25 USD / day
- 1 Tank 5 USD / tank
- 1 diving day (3-4 dives) 12 USD / day
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty
- PADI Nitrox Specialty
- Pedagogic Support Staff (CMAS* or OWD) (max 4divers) 8 USD / dive / diver
- Private Guide (upon request in advance) 65 USD / day
Budget & exchange
Insurance and certification :