Dream cruise in Alor 9 nights
Day 1 Maumere
Our staff will pick you up at the airport for immediate boarding. From Bali or Jakarta, flights usually arrive early in the afternoon. As soon as all the guests are on board, we will lift the anchor and sail to the eastern region of Flores.
Day 2 Kawula
In the western part of Kawula lies a huge bay, partially covered with mangroves. World class "muck dives" with lots of macro, ghost pipefish, frogfish and flying gurnard. The night dives are not to be missed, abundant wildlife with numerous shrimps, crabs and Spanish dancers.
Day 3 Pantar Sud
You will arrive on the island of Pantar. The famous site Alcatraz will enchant you. Immerse yourself in a giant soft red coral forest and observe the different species, reef fish, moray eels, octopus and giant puffers.
Between the dives we can go for a walk and visit the hot springs on the beach.
Beang Abang: another highlight for macro lovers. Look for seahorses, nudibranchs, Rhinopias and several types of octopus like the wonderpus in the black sand.
Days 4 to 6 Détroit d’Alor et Baie de Kalabahi
Majestic drop-offs, coral reefs and abundant marine lives. Something for everyone! As currents here tend to be very fast, encounters of any kind can happen, from pelagics to Mola Molas. Sightings of whales and dolphins on the surface are quite common.
In the Bay of Kalabahi, beautiful muck night dives are to be expected.
Day 7 Détroit de Pantar
This strait is most likely one of the most beautiful places in the world, well known for its beautiful sea gardens. There are several amazing diving spots, which will be chosen based on tides and currents.
The exceptional visibility in this strait gives you the opportunity to see different species of pelagic and many shoals of fish. Enjoy these dives to admire the biodiversity.
Day 8 Village de Lamalera
Lamalera village is located on Lempata island, which is known for its ancestral tradition of whales hunting from May to October. These huntings provide the villagers with their vital needs. Discover the lifestyle of the inhabitants along with their very welcoming nature.
You will get the chance to dive on the little Island Suangi, located offshore of South Kawula. You will also get the opportunity to admire loads of shoals of fish and discover new nudibranchs specimens.
Day 9 Flores Est
Several great dive sites in this area. The choice will be based on our schedule.
Serbete: shallows and sandbars with exquisite coral gardens and magnificent walls here and there. Pygmy seahorses, turtles, napoleon wrasses and reef sharks in one place.
Tanjung Gedong: northeast Flores. The reef slopes down into a sandy area with large coral heads. The beautiful deep sections are decorated with soft corals and large table corals. Reef sharks, groupers and other encounters are to be expected.
We will cruise to Maumere in the afternoon.
Day 10 Maumere
After a nice breakfast on board, our Aurora crew will organize, according to your flight schedules, your transfer to the airport of Maumere.
Unfortunately, our trip will arrive at an end and we have to say goodbye but we hope to see you again on board.
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 82
- Pick up and drop off (before and after the cruise) from the nearest airport to Aurora
- Accommodation in a double-bed or twin-bed cabin with en-suite bathroom, toilet and AC
- Meals and all soft drinks on board (excluding beer, spirits, wine, espresso coffee)
- Minimum 15 to 20 dives (inluding night dives), according to weather conditions and flights schedule
- 12L Tank, belt, weights and diving guide
- Nitrox. As a service offered by Dune, Nitrox can’t be subject to any complaint or refund in case of a possible failure or malfunctioning of the compressor
- Multilingual guides on board (French, English, Indonesian)
- Land excursions, according to the diving cruise itinerary
- Wifi : subject to network availibility - some areas might not be covered
- Scuba diving courses
- Rental diving equipment
- Dive insurance (mandatory)
- 15L tanks
- Extra excursion requested
- Beer, wine and spirits,
- Expresso coffee
- Souvenirs, laundry, use of satellite phone
- Tips on board (for crew): 15 USD minimum / person / day - To be paid in cash
- Port fees : 200$ per trip per person