Banda Sea Ambon - Ambon 11 Nights
Day 1 Ambon
The Aurora team will welcome you at the airport for immediate boarding. Depending on the arrival time, we might do the check dive around Laha or Tulehu Bay. Laha or Tuleu Bay: area known for its fabulous muck dives, probably among the best in the world for the macro dive. Only the Lembeh Strait in Indonesia can compete.
Day 2 Nusa Laut
As starter We will enjoy the beautiful coral walls around Nusa Laut, where We can find an extended variety of tropical fish and creatures.
Day 3 Suanggi
You will now arrive at the northern end of the outer reefs of the Banda Sea: Pulau Suanggi. The waters here are full of fish, reef sharks, tuna and sometimes hammerhead sharks. As a small bonus for bird lovers, many species can be observed around the island: brown boobies, red-footed boobies and frigate birds.
Day 4 Manuk Island
Manuk, the ‘Snake Island’, a volcanic island with lower interest on land. It takes its nickname from the large amount of sea snakes found there. You will surely see a lot! The drop-offs here are amazing and sharks, mackerels, tunas and barracudas are often observed.
Days 5 to 6 Serua
The breathtaking reefs surrounding this small island make the perfect scenario for enjoying abundant sea life and if we are lucky enough encounter the hammerhead shark schools cruising close to the reefs.
Days 7 to 9 Banda Neira
We will dive some sloping reefs and vertical walls that the area has to offer around the Banda sea archipelago . Here the current attracts many fish: fusiliers, dogtooth tuna, eagle rays, barracudas and sometimes sharks. On the reef: soft corals, leather corals, bigeye trevallies and turtles. In front of Banda Neira village, a sunset dive to observe, especially the shy mandarin fish, will be possible. We will take you on a land excursion to see Banda Neira local village. An unforgettable cultural experience!
Day 10 On the way back to Ambon
Back to Ambon we will enjoy some wall dives in the outside of the bay to enjoy some more clear water and pelagics passing by around the reefs, before we head inside to enjoy the spectacular macro dive sites that this huge bay has to offer.
Day 11 Ambon bay
Today is all about critters, the dive spots inside of Ambon bay are heaven for Macro lovers only comparable to Lembeh strait.
Day 12 See you again!
Unfortunately our trip will arrive at an end and we have to say goodbye but we hope to see you again on board.
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€5,815||Liveaboard Aurora||0 / 18||Fully booked|
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for Italian-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 166
- Pick up and drop off (before and after the cruise) from the nearest airport to Aurora
- Accommodation in a double-bed or twin-bed cabin with en-suite bathroom, toilet and AC
- Meals and all soft drinks on board (excluding beer, spirits, wine, espresso coffee)
- Minimum 15 to 20 dives (inluding night dives), according to weather conditions and flights schedule
- 12L Tank, belt, weights and diving guide
- As a service offered by Dune, Nitrox can’t be subject to any complaint or refund in case of a possible failure or malfunctioning of the compressor
- Multilingual guides on board (French, English, Indonesian)
- Land excursions, according to the diving cruise itinerary
- Wifi : subject to network availibility - some areas might not be covered
- Scuba diving courses
- Rental diving equipment
- Dive insurance (mandatory)
- 15L tanks
- Extra excursion requested
- Beer, wine and spirits, Expresso coffee
- Souvenirs, laundry, use of satellite phone
- Tips on board (for crew): 15 USD minimum / person / day to be paid in cash
- Port fee: 250$ per trip per person